Approved Books for Spells, Classes, Skills
- Player’s Handbook
- Elemental Evil
- Xanthar’s Guide to Everything
- Tidebreak Settings Guide
Approved Unearthed Arcana
Bonus Approved Unearthed Arcana for Patreon Subscribers 
- Fighter: Monster Hunter (Gothic Characters)
- Rogue: Inquisitive (Gothic Characters)
- Artificer Class
- Paladin Sacred Oaths
- Mystic V3
- Githyanki and Githzerai races
- Dwarf (Mountain, Hill)
- Elf (High, Wood, Umbra) Umbra mechanically identical to drow
- Halfling (Lightfoot, Stout)
- Half-Freak Mechanically identical to half-orcs
- Hellborn Mechanically identical to tieflings
- Human (Including Variant)
- Vrolnaya Mechanically identical to goliaths
Character Concept Guidelines
- Character names and nicknames must be race-appropriate
- Characters must reasonably be expected to live in the Tidebreak setting, a gritty, realistic, medium-magic dystopia, without being arrested/killed
- Character concepts must be appropriate for the class(es) selected
- No direct anime, TV, movie, comic book, or modern-world tie-ins. Historic influences are allowed. (You could build “Alexander the Great” but not “Hillary Clinton”)
Encumbrance – In effect as detailed in the PHB. Dwarves do not become lightly encumbered. If you have a backpack, you can shed it during combat as an action to become unencumbered by its weight.
Resting – A ‘short rest’ requires 8 hours, at least 6 of which must be spent sleeping. A ‘long rest’ is completed between sessions. (For clarity, if you play two sessions back-to-back, you will have one long rest between these sessions.)
The Defend Action – You may spend your action to ‘defend’ a downed comrade. You must position yourself on top of the character. Any melee attack made against the downed character is at disadvantage and will provoke an attack of opportunity from you.
Lucky Feat – Banned.
Potion Misability – As detailed in DMG pg 140. Drinking two instantaneous potions within a minute of each other will trigger a reaction between the potions; otherwise, drinking any potion while under the duration of another potion will trigger reaction.