Approved Books for Spells, Classes, Skills
- Player’s Handbook
- Elemental Evil
- Tidebreak Settings Guide
Approved Unearthed Arcana
Bonus Approved Unearthed Arcana for Patreon Subscribers 
- Fighter: Monster Hunter (Gothic Characters)
- Rogue: Inquisitive (Gothic Characters)
- Artificer Class
- Paladin Sacred Oaths
- Mystic V3
- Dwarf (Mountain, Hill)
- Elf (High, Wood, Umbra) Umbra mechanically identical to drow
- Halfling (Lightfoot, Stout)
- Half-Freak Mechanically identical to half-orcs
- Hellborn Mechanically identical to tieflings
- Human (Including Variant)
- Vrolnaya Mechanically identical to goliaths
Character Concept Guidelines
- [10:03 AM] Sage: Due to the proliferation of absurd character concepts (The ANTagoniser, Postman Pete), I am imposing a checklist for character backgrounds.
- [10:04 AM] Sage: This will be posted in the forums and on the wiki
- [10:04 AM] Sage: 1) Character names and nicknames must be race-appropriate
- [10:05 AM] Sage: 2) Characters must reasonably be expected to live in the Tidebreak setting, a gritty, realistic, medium-magic dystopia, without being arrested/killed
- [10:07 AM] Sage: 3) Character concepts must be appropriate for the class(es) selected
- [10:08 AM] Sage: 4) No direct anime, TV, movie, comic book, or modern-world tie-ins. Historic influences are allowed. (You could build “Alexander the Great” but not “Hillary Clinton”)
- [10:10 AM] Sage: This ruling applies retroactively to all characters currently approved.
Unfortunately this list may be incomplete. If there was a rule variant we used in Phandalin, please feel free to ask whether or not it is still in effect if it affects your character. I will remove this message when I am confident that all variant rules are expressed here.
Encumbrance – In effect as detailed in the PHB. Dwarves do not become lightly encumbered. If you have a backpack, you can shed it during combat as an action to become unencumbered by its weight.
Resting – A ‘short rest’ requires 8 hours, at least 6 of which must be spent sleeping. A ‘long rest’ is completed between sessions. (For clarity, if you play two sessions back-to-back, you will have one long rest between these sessions.)
The Defend Action – You may spend your action to ‘defend’ a downed comrade. You must position yourself on top of the character. Any melee attack made against the downed character is at disadvantage and will provoke an attack of opportunity from you.
Inspiration Use on Death Saving Throws – You may use Inspiration to either grant yourself advantage on a Death Saving Throw (declared before the throw) or to remove a fail (declared on any player’s turn but cannot remove already-incoming fails due to taking damage).
Lucky Feat – Banned.